[Asterisk-Users] Linksys/Cisco buys Sipura

Andres andres at telesip.net
Thu Apr 28 14:46:55 MST 2005

>In 1998 Cisco purchased a company called Summa Four for $116 Million,
>and left them to die on the vine. It all depends on what they (Cisco )
>want from the transaction.  If Sipura has a part in causing a drop in
>Cisco revenue due to adoption by the Open source community, then they
>may well buy the company to shut it down.

Then Jan Fandrianto will just create a new VoIP adapter company and sell
it to Cisco in a few years and make a ton of money three times in a
row.  Is this guy smart or what!

I remember those Summa Four switches well.  I configured and installed
them for IBM customers.  They were nice pieces of hardware.  Too bad
Cisco let them die.

>Time will tell!

Andres
Network Admin