[Asterisk-Users] IAX aproprietary protocol

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Thu Apr 28 07:15:13 MST 2005

Julio Arruda wrote:

> But there are royalties or something like that ?
> I understand that proprietary protocols CAN be published, but what make
> them proprietary is the requiremenf or royalties or at least a 'ok' from
> the owner ?

Obviously IAX/IAX2 does not and should not require licensing fees.

I once suggested to Mark that he copyright and trademark the terms IAX
and IAX2 and provide a no-cost license for use of the term "IAX" or
"IAX2" to any implimentation that correctly follows the (at some point)
documented IAX2 protocol.

He seemed to like the idea, but I don't know if anything was actually done.