[Asterisk-Users] IAX aproprietary protocol

Marc Storck marc.storck at msnetworks.lu
Wed Apr 27 17:04:53 MST 2005

IAX is an abbreviation for Inter Asterisk Exchange.

So IAX was a proprietary protocol for interconnecting Asterisk servers,
it was only used with 2 asterisk servers. IAX has always been open for
the community. So some may say it's proprietary, while it is open. At
the current time, the IAX protocol is not only used in asterisk, but
also in some softphone clients and other software, but you still need
asterisk as one of the partners in a client-server relation. So wether
you can still call it proprietary is up to you.

Regards,

Marc

--
CTO                            Marc Storck
MS Networks SA                 mstorck at msnetworks.lu
IT Service Provider            http://www.msnetworks.lu
15, route d'Esch               Phone: +352 2727 3030
L-4450 Belvaux                 Fax:   +352 2727 3060

--------------- MS Networks powered service ---------------
http://www.LuxAdmin.com       Hosting and housing solutions