[Asterisk-Users] Panasonic KX-TD1232 Signaling

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Apr 28 00:07:57 MST 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Dan Morin wrote:

> To expand upon my original question, does anyone know of any devices
> that would make connectivity between the Panasonic system and Asterisk
> possible?  What are opinions of using FXS ports in Asterisk going into
> to CO ports on the PBX?  Or if I'm putting money into the problem, how
> would I go about setting up a PRI connection between the two?  A PRI
> connection would give me 20 odd lines correct?

What kind of CO lines does your current setup use? Standard pots lines,
cahnneliazed (non-isdn) T1 with rbs, isdn bri, tie-lines or something
else?

A T1 PRI card will give you 23 lines between the panasonic KX-TD1232 and
Asterisk, an E1 PRI card will give you 30 lines.

BRI or PRI is really the best way of interconnecting Asterisk and the pbx.
A new PRI card should cost about $1000-$2000. Make sure you get a PRI T1
card and not a non-isdn T1 card.

If the KX-TD1232 uses BRI CO lines they can be used instead. It may be
hard to obtain BRI cards in the USA.

Peter