[Asterisk-Users] X100P Clone any hints for recognizing RINGing ?

Paul junk at irqx.com
Wed Apr 27 23:37:20 MST 2005

Hi Chris,

I've had A LOT of experience with the cheap X100Ps in the last few weeks. I
myself bought two of them off ebay. $6.95 special! I also had problems with
them and within the past 12 hours have replaced them with a TDM22B that so
far(1 phone call) has worked great. I would suggest turning verbosity on and
watching the asterisk console when the call comes in. If it is not showing
that there is a ring on your Zap device, then it's not a problem with your
dial plan. I would say that it's likely that the modem would be defective if
sometimes it detected a ring and other times not. If asterisk is always
showing that there is a ring, then I would take another good look at the
context in your extensions.conf that matches the one set for your zap device
in Zapata.conf.

	While trying to sort out my X100P clone problem's on here, a user
rudely told me to buy a real card. Ended up being good advice, just not
tactful. I could have saved WEEKS of headaches had I not tried to save some
$$. I guess I learned the hard way that you get what you pay for. I'm not
telling you to buy another card, I'm just sharing my experience with X100P.

Hope this helps,

Paul