[Asterisk-Users] X100P Clone any hints for recognizing RINGing ?

Christoph Rothe asterisk-users at christophrothe.de
Wed Apr 27 23:23:40 MST 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

> It has absolutely nothing to do with what "economically suits them best" -- it
> has everything to do with the fact that when you buy a clone X100P you DO NOT
> KNOW what you're getting.  The chipset may be the same but as you can clearly
> see from searching this very list, the hybrid circuitry (a crucial crucial
> part of the design) can be VERY different, and even if the hybrid's fine,
> there are subtle variations in the chipset that can bite you in the ass.

Hi everyone,

I made the same mistake and bought a cheap clone. I do understand that
these cheap X100P cards do not work well enogh for production use.

But as I already bought this card, can anyone give me some advice
regarding the following:

Dialing out from Asterisk works like a charm, but recognizing a RING
is much more different. It works in 1 of 10 cases that Asterisk
recognizes the ringing on the phone :-) Where could I change which
parameters to make Asterisk a little more "sensible" ?

Please help and do not tell me to buy another card - I do understand
what I bought, but now I already have it and want to use it.

Thanks a lot!

Christoph