[Asterisk-Users] IAX aproprietary protocol

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Wed Apr 27 23:33:07 MST 2005

Joseph wrote:

>Can anybody explain me why IAX is called proprietary protocol?
>In some places IAX is refereed as "open protocol".
>
>How can proprietary protocol be open protocol?

Since the source code is available to anyone and GPL'ed it is an open
protocol.

However it's not a standard and there is no clear specification other
than the source code (which kind of sucks because it means that ATA
makers probably won't support it).

So it's a non-standard, open protocol.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

--
Ykoz Un Max - La VoIP en pré-payé!
Essayez gratuitement - 5 crédits offerts.