[Asterisk-Users] SIP, Asterisk and NAT

Irakli Natsvlishvili iraklin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 17:41:11 MST 2005

Hi there,

> There are plenty of good documents on Asterisk, SIP and NAT on the
> voip-info.org wiki. Please look them up. There are also information
> within the configs/sip.conf.sample file within Asterisk.

Folks, let's face it - documentation on Asterisk  sucks big time. This is
the reason why the same questions are asked here and over the Net every
week.

> If Asterisk is on a public IP, again: it's up to the phones.
> It's still not an Asterisk problem.
> Yes, but you need to pick the right phone, the right NAT/FW
> and have a  lot of patience :-)

OK, let's document is. Is there any information with different phones/FW
combinations already available?

I can add some info working with Cisco's IP phones, Pix firewall, cheap
linksys/dlink gateways.

> Good NAT traversal support.

> and we do not give them any NAT traversal support.

Why? Is this for some political reasons?

Irakli