[Asterisk-Users] Is There Media Accelerator For Better AsteriskCalls

chawki hammoud cyhammoud at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 16:58:43 MST 2005

--- "Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT)"
<Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com> wrote:

> If you want to save on the bandwidth cost, the only
> way you can do that
> is by adopting a low bandwidth codec like G729 or
> G723, which consumes
> much less bandwidth and can give equal or better
> quality calls.

I pretty much tried many codecs including G729 which
has a bandwidth consumtion close to gsm, 30kbs. I had
the same results.
I am experiencing problems during the same time of
each day 4 pm-12:00 am, the time of high traffic. This
might be causing, as Mr. Riddel suggested, a packet
loss. I will look into Mr. Riddle's suggestion and see
what I can come up with