[Asterisk-Users] how to use dialparties.agi

David John Walsh davidjohnwalsh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 07:31:43 MST 2005

Christian

As I understand it

After a user dials an extension number, Asterisk calls dialparties.agi

dialparties.agi checks the asterisk database (show database [from
cli]) for data matching items like Call Wating (CW) Call Forward (CF)
etc.

If one is present (in a defiend order) then rather than dialing,
dialparties "invokes" that option.

If none of the options are set, dialparties returns control back to a
near regular dial string, and Dial takes over and places the call as
the A party was expecting.

----

Using defined etensions (by default in AMP they are the regular
American ones), the B party (callee) can activate these features.

What basically happens here is a database put command is used to put
the value in the asterisk database and then play a recorded
anouncement to the user before hanging the call up.  for CF its a
little more complicated as you might have to specify the B number and
the C number, but essentially it puts the data in the database and
confirms it

Now the only thing that is missing is a web / gui provsioning system -
so that "admins" can take the features off again, else its a databse
del command at the terminal

---

the best way to see this in action is to set some things like CW (*73
i think) and then do a show database at the CLI - you will also get
back other things like the SIP registery

David