[Asterisk-Users] Digium Quad Span Cards

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Tue Apr 26 23:44:04 MST 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Adam Goryachev wrote:

> Just wondering, but does the AMD multi CPU architecture improve the
> interrupt handling? My understanding of that architecture is that each
> CPU can deal with "it's own" PCI bus/interrupts/etc independently of
> each other, and also with their own memory/etc? Would this improve the
> scalability? In fact, would a multi-PCI bus system by itself 'solve' the
> problem?

Beware that not all multi cpu Opteron motherboards are created equal.
Quite a few connect all their pci busses to one cpu. A good motherboard
will distribute the pci busses across the cpus.

Read http://www.samag.com/documents/s=9408/sam0411b/0411b.htm for good and
bad examples and a list of things to watch out for when purchasing an
Opteron system.

Peter