[Asterisk-Users] VOIP Gateways & Asterisk

Rusty Shackleford john97 at flatline.com
Tue Apr 26 18:39:02 MST 2005

First of all, one has to ask why you need PBX functionality at all? As
this is an apartment building, won't the tennants be looking for PSTN
dial-tone, rather than local (PBX) dial-tone?

Assuming that there is something missing here...

You could treat this as a "hospitality" (hotel) type environment, but
would certainly have to allow for a lower station:trunk ratio. Still,
the thing to do would be to deploy channel banks (Adtran, Adit, etc.)
that would be aggregated into the number of E1 ports on your * box
required to handle the projected traffic. In other words, you will not
encounter a condition where every station will be in use at the same
time, so you don't need that many DS0's (channels, if you will) at the
PBX.