[Asterisk-Users] Alternatives to SpanDSP??

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Tue Apr 26 13:12:08 MST 2005

Steve Underwood wrote:

> I have one weird audio log from a new HP combination printer and fax
> machine that i haven't sorted out yet. These HP machines really are
> total crap. I have workarounds in spandsp for several blatently wrong
> things they do. I don't yet know who is at fault with this latest
> problem.

Hmm.  I have a HP LaserJet 3015 which is a multifunction.  When I try
faxing to asterisk with RxFax I only see the first one inch or so.  The
fax machine always thinks the fax was completely successful.

I haven't spent any more time researching this than about 15 minutes to
find the above, so I wonder if this is what you are referring to or if
the sending HP fax machine will actually say an error occured and
consider the fax failed?

I'll gladly provide debug info if it helps, but I don't want to waste
time if this is going nowhere.