[Asterisk-Users] Alternatives to SpanDSP??

Tue Apr 26 08:02:33 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 08:34 -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:
> As Steve has mentioned several times, it seems the TDM-fxo boards
> have an issue with missed frames that no one is addressing. Very few
> (if any) TDM users have been able to make spandsp function correctly,
> and the few that might have it working don't know why.
>
> Having played around some with zttest (modifying the code to better
> understand the issues), it would appear the TDM card consumes about
> 1.02 seconds to obtain one second of data. That would suggest the
> card misses about one frame in every fifty. Haven't figured out why
> as yet and don't know that I've got the practical experience to
> actually find the root cause.

Hmmm, interesting... my box is has a X100P, a TDM40B and a TE410p, and I
don't seem to have a problem receiving a fax (via the TE410p) yet. ie, I
haven't had any complaints, and maybe 10 successful faxes, so it isn't
exactly foolproof, but so far so good.

I'd still like to see someone say they receive <some large number> of
faxes daily with spandsp from random senders (ie, not 100 faxes/day from
the same junk fax sender :) Oh, and a description of their equipment
would also be nice.... Even number of concurrent faxes they process,
etc...

Regards,
Adam
Adam Goryachev