[Asterisk-Users] TE405P w/ Intel SE7210TP1_E Motherboard

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Apr 26 13:19:19 MST 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Greg Boehnlein wrote:

> Hello,
> 	I'm looking at building a couple new PRI Gateway boxes using
> TE405P cards, and was wondering if anyone has had any experiences (good or
> bad) with the Intel SE7210TP1_E motherboards from Intel. General Technics
> builds some really nice (and cost effective) 1U servers based on the
> board:
>
> Server: http://www.gtweb.net/gt637.html
>
> Specs: http://www.gtweb.net/support/pdf/SE7210TP1-E_Product_Brief.pdf
>
> Comments?

Per my other costs, I've settled on the following box from General
Technics for my PRI gateway boxes.

http://www.gtweb.net/gt637.html

I had a pretty detailed conversation with Chris from GT about the board
and how it is laid out, and it appears that the unit has several PCI
busses in it and they are separated nicely;

The only stuff on the 5V PCI slot is a 10/100 NIC + the Video. Since there
is a Gig-E that shares the same bus w/ the SATA drive I can just use that
and keep the bus free for the TE405. On most of my boxes, I disable the
Video and use serial console.

I'll keep people up to speed on how this works out.

                             KP-216-121-ST