[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream ATA 286 problems

Andrejus Stavickis andy at loyalty.com
Tue Apr 26 11:11:57 MST 2005

	Hi,

Well, in my case I have a 486 and a hell lot of the problems with that.

First I have not being able to use "features" like call transfer or
anything like that (built-in ones) - it will just not respond
to those commands. And Grandstream sent me a reply to my problem
saying: "this is the problem with your * configuration and those
features are not supposed to work without Asterisk". But eventually
with the latest firmware I've managed to make it work after some
voodoo. But the new firmware introduced another issue, which is
kind of weird: my ADSL modem will resync every 10-15 min if I
connect Grandstream ATA 486 to PSTN (do not get me wrong, I really
put the ADSL filters in). As soon as I remove ATA 486, ADSL
stays solid and does not resync.

In your case you would just get a bounce backs from grandstream
to your vendor and back, but in my case vendor will just not
respond at all to any communication means. So beware
VOIPSUPPLY.COM seems to be a bunch of funny people who will
not stand behind the products they sell.

So in my case I not just made a worst purchase, but also
choose a worst supplier.

Sincerely,

--Andy
x6722