[Asterisk-Users] Digium Quad Span Cards

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Mon Apr 25 21:33:41 MST 2005

>From what I understand (and this could be completely wrong), the Digium
cards use a bunch of processor interrupts and too many cards will use up all
the interrupts. (again, that could be completely wrong).

What kind of calls are they? G711->PRI? Not much CPU needed there. G729 ->
PRI? Yes, you would need something along the lines of a dual Xenon 3.6Ghz do
do that. Its all in the transcoding. If just passthru, not much cpu is
needed.

-Matthew