[Asterisk-Users] Large Asterisk Setup (~500 Concurrent Calls + Scalability)

Matt Roth mroth at imminc.com
Mon Apr 25 09:58:04 MST 2005

Interesting.

Can anyone out there tell me how many concurrent Monitors an Asterisk
box can handle under my scenario (see below)?

1) Monitor commands are executed on the Asterisk server.
2) Audio packets are saved to files on a remote machine via mounted drive.
3) All handling of the audio files (mixing, compression, etc.) is done
on the remote machine.

If you could point out the bottlenecks and how to circumvent them, that
would be appreciated as well.  It seems that scaling an Asterisk setup
is no trivial task.

Thank you,

Matthew Roth
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Running%20Asterisk%20on%20Debian