[Asterisk-Users] Large Asterisk Setup (~500 Concurrent Calls + Scalability)

Mon Apr 25 04:04:51 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 17:52 -0400, Matt Roth wrote:
> Daniel,
> You're correct that if we instructed the Monitor command to mix the
> files the mixing would occur on the master server.  I looked at the
> documentation and source (res_monitor.c) of the Monitor command to
> confirm that the default behavior is to NOT mix the files.  The options
> argument must contain the character 'm' for the mixing to occur.  We
> will be executing the Monitor command WITHOUT mixing, then running a
> periodic process on the Digital Recording Client to mix the files and
> compress the result to an MP3.

I think you can define the 'soxmix' command, which in your case, might
simply send some small signal to your 'Digital Recording Client' with
the filenames it should process. Otherwise, it is difficult for it to
'know' when the files are finished with.

Other option is to have it listen to the manager interface, then when it
sees a monitor start, it watches for either an end monitor/end of call,
and then processes the files.

Just my 0.02c worth... Good luck with your project.

Regards,
Adam