[Asterisk-Users] Re: Hotel billing in IPSwitchBoard

Mathew McKernan mat at dwonline.com.au
Sat Apr 23 08:50:39 MST 2005

Hi,

Have a look at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-CallingCard+Applications

I recently used this in a hospital for the same concept. Can charge on caller ID etc. Works really well.

Ties to a MySQL database, so a PHP interface can be coded to view the call charges etc on a room. It works on a card system, but all the SQL commands are customisable, so it does the job.

Also, the destination charges are managable through the tables and different charges for different prefixes can be a applied. Also it supports LCDial (least cost routing dialler). So it will choose the carrier (if you box will use it) based on the cheapest rate (for the hotel, still charges the customer the same). In the application I used it for, it puts International Calls through our IP Provider and local calls/mobiles through our carrier as it was cheaper.

Hope this might help,

Thanks

Mathew