[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 won't register as SIP device

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Sat Apr 23 08:42:29 MST 2005

<SNIP>

> #user_info: phone
>
> # SIP Configuration File (stop)
>
> When the phone tries to register, all I get in the Asterisk
> console is this:
>
> Apr 23 08:22:29 NOTICE[26568]: chan_sip.c:8804
> handle_request_register:
> Registration from
> '<sip:tycisco at asterisk.mastermindpro.com;user=phone>'
> failed for '24.18.147.95'

I am unfamiliar with the Cisco configs but I am just comparing your
error message to what you have in the config to make this suggestion. In
the error it has "user=phone" and in your config commented out there is
"#user_info: phone". What if you tried uncommenting that line and
putting in "username"? It could be that when thatline is commented out,
it uses "phone" by default.

Robert