[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 won't register as SIP device

List Receiver listreceiver at mastermindpro.com
Sat Apr 23 08:23:32 MST 2005

The DNS servers are valid.  I configured the phone via .cnf files.  The
following are the sip.conf and sipMAC.cnf files.

[tycisco]
type=friend
username=username
secret=secret
qualify=200			; Qualify peer is no more than 200ms away
nat=yes
;insecure=no
host=dynamic			; This device registers with us
;defaultip=24.18.147.95
canreinvite=no
context=fullaccess
dtmfmode=inband
;mailbox=101
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=g729

.cnf:
# SIP Configuration File (start)

# Proxy Server
proxy1_address: "asterisk.mastermindpro.com"
proxy2_address: ""
proxy3_address: ""
proxy4_address: ""
proxy5_address: ""
proxy6_address: ""

# Line 1 Settings
line1_name: "tycisco"                     ; Line 1 Extension\User ID
line1_displayname: "101"           ; Line 1 Display Name
line1_authname: "username"         ; Line 1 Registration Authentication
line1_password: "secret"         ; Line 1 Registration Password

# Line 2 Settings
line2_name: ""                          ; Line 2 Extension\User ID
line2_displayname: ""                   ; Line 2 Display Name
line2_authname: "UNPROVISIONED"         ; Line 2 Registration Authentication
line2_password: "UNPROVISIONED"         ; Line 2 Registration Password

# Line 3 Settings
line3_name: ""                          ; Line 3 Extension\User ID
line3_displayname: ""                   ; Line 3 Display Name
line3_authname: "UNPROVISIONED"         ; Line 3 Registration Authentication
line3_password: "UNPROVISIONED"         ; Line 3 Registration Password

# Line 4 Settings
line4_name: ""                          ; Line 4 Extension\User ID
line4_displayname: ""                   ; Line 4 Display Name
line4_authname: "UNPROVISIONED"         ; Line 4 Registration Authentication
line4_password: "UNPROVISIONED"         ; Line 4 Registration Password

# Line 5 Settings
line5_name: ""                          ; Line 5 Extension\User ID
line5_displayname: ""                   ; Line 5 Display Name
line5_authname: "UNPROVISIONED"         ; Line 5 Registration Authentication
line5_password: "UNPROVISIONED"         ; Line 5 Registration Password

# Line 6 Settings
line6_name: ""                          ; Line 6 Extension\User ID
line6_displayname: ""                   ; Line 6 Display Name
line6_authname: "UNPROVISIONE"         ; Line 6 Registration Authentication
line6_password: "UNPROVISIONE"         ; Line 6 Registration Password

# Emergency Proxy info
proxy_emergency: ""
proxy_emergency_port: "5060"

# Backup Proxy info
proxy_backup: ""
proxy_backup_port: "5060"

# Outbound Proxy info
outbound_proxy: ""
outbound_proxy_port: "5060"

# NAT/Firewall Traversal
nat_enable: "1"
nat_address: "24.18.147.95"
voip_control_port: "5060"
start_media_port: "16384"
end_media_port:  "32766"
nat_received_processing: "1"

# Phone Label (Text desired to be displayed in upper right corner)
phone_label: "Ty's Phone "            ; Has no effect on SIP messaging

# Time Zone phone will reside in
time_zone: PST

# Enable_VAD (1-enabled, 0-disabled)
enable_vad: "0"

# Network Media Type (auto, full100, full10, half100, half10)
network_media_type: "auto"
#user_info: phone

# SIP Configuration File (stop)

When the phone tries to register, all I get in the Asterisk console is this:

Apr 23 08:22:29 NOTICE[26568]: chan_sip.c:8804 handle_request_register:
Registration from '<sip:tycisco at asterisk.mastermindpro.com;user=phone>'
failed for '24.18.147.95'

...but the phone can make a call to any destination in the dialplan... :^/

Where's my stupidity?  Am I confused on all the "names" in the .cnf file?