[Asterisk-Users] Large Asterisk Setup (~500 Concurrent Calls + Scalability)

Brian Roy mister.roy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:10:43 MST 2005

On 4/21/05, Matt Roth <mroth at imminc.com> wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> I would be interested to hear if anyone knows of a method to completely
> offload the Monitor command from the master server.  It is the missing
> piece of the puzzle to optimizing the digital recording process.

You might want to talk to the folks at aheeva. www.aheeva.com They
built their platform around * very much like you are. They offloaded
quite a bit (including recording calls) to other boxes. Now, they
built their solution around a much less stable Asterisk build, but
they have some great experiences. I talked to them quite a bit last
your at Astricon. I do remember them saying that after about 60
concurrent monitor's the * box would get unstable.

Looks like you have some good research going you just need a little
more proof of concept.

-Brian