[Asterisk-Users] can't make my PRI dial out

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri Apr 22 13:08:27 MST 2005

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Robert Webb wrote:

> I am grasping at straws here, but have you tried it
> without the pridialplan command?? According to the wiki,
> this really doesn't need to be there.
>
> pridialplan: Sets an option required for some (rare)
> switches that require a dialplan parameter to be passed.
> This option is ignored by most PRI switches. It may be
> necessary on a few pieces of hardware. Valid options are:
> unknown, local, private, national, and international. This
> option can almost always be left unchanged from the
> default. Default: national.

The wiki is incorrect. Unless the isdn implementation in the switch is
broken it _should_ pay attention to the TON/NPI fields, in which case the
default "national" is almost certainly not the what you want.

The correct entry for most switches is "unknown" since that tells the
switch to interpret the dialstring the same way it would be done on a pots
phone.

Peter