[Asterisk-Users] Mysql using Sip and voicemail

Ben Johnson bjohnson_mpc at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 22 05:58:01 MST 2005

I am currently running asterisk 1.0.7 and decided to try using MySQL to hold
some of my voicemail and sip configuration.  As a note - MySQL is already
holding my CDR info.  I followed the directions in on voip-info.org to copy
files, modify Makefiles, recompile, and change the conf files accordingly.
I have run into a few bumps that I need to ask about.

With the voicemail database, if the voicemailbox is in the default context,
all is well.  If I attempt to place the mailbox in any other context, it
will not work at all like the mailbox does not exist.

The other issue is with the sip database, which does not to appear to work
at all.  When attempting to connect a SIP phone that "setup" in the
database, I receive the error
"Registration from '999 <sip:999 at 192.168.0.10>' failed for '192.168.0.129'
When starting asterisk, I can see where asterisk is logging into the MySQL
database correctly.  I have double checked the configuration files, database
structure, and even tried setting the context as default (since that worked
for voicemail)

Any suggestions on what to check into????

Thanks
Ben Johnson