[Asterisk-Users] X100P delayed ring on incoming calls?

Gavin Hamill gdh at laterooms.com
Fri Apr 22 02:50:12 MST 2005

On Friday 22 April 2005 10:45, Dave Cotton wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 10:22 +0100, bam wrote:

> > Incoming calls seem to ring three or four times before asterisk then
> > skips to do what it is supposed to do. If the caller drops the call
> > before the extensions have started ringing asterisk seems not to pick
> > this up and carries on regardless.

I had this problem, and I think I tracked the problem down to the order I had
the commands in my zapata.conf.

Here is my working one which passes CallerID and causes * to pickup the call
immediately:

[channels]
signalling=fxs_ks
usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=v23
cidstart=usehist
language=en
context=from-landline
echotraining=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echocancel=yes
rxgain=1.0
txgain=-6.0
channel=1
immediate=no

Previously I had the three CallerID directives *AFTER* the 'channel=1' and
this seemed to confuse it..

Cheers,
Gavin.