[Asterisk-Users] X100P delayed ring on incoming calls?

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Fri Apr 22 02:45:15 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 10:22 +0100, bam wrote:
> I have setup an asterisk box with 3off X100P cards and hooked them up
> to the PSTN. So far so good, everything does what it is supposed to do
> for the msot part.
>
> Incoming calls seem to ring three or four times before asterisk then
> skips to do what it is supposed to do. If the caller drops the call
> before the extensions have started ringing asterisk seems not to pick
> this up and carries on regardless.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?

This sounds like the CallerID problem. * is trying to get the ID, but
the UK's method is different to the default, so it does not get an ID it
finally gives up and processes the call. Look for UKCaller ID settings
in the archives or Wiki. (I left the UK 12 years ago so I've never
looked at it).

--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>