[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail 2 Email

Gavin Hamill gdh at laterooms.com
Thu Apr 21 08:44:41 MST 2005

On Thursday 21 April 2005 16:31, Peter Bowyer wrote:

> Many similar systems (webmail, bulletin boards etc) are configurable
> to use a local MUA (/sbin/sendmail etc) or talk SMTP directly to an
> MTA, either locally or remote. Asterisk voicemail unfortunately is not
> one of those systems (AFAICT)  - you're stuck with having to use a
> local MUA.

This is a good time to look at 'dummy mailers' like
http://untroubled.org/nullmailer/

I usually use 'ssmtp' from Debian for this task - and since they purely exist
to shuffle mail to a real MTA - they're very easy to configure - generally
all you need is the IP address of the real MUA :)

Cheers,
Gavin