[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail 2 Email

Peter Bowyer peeebeee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 08:31:20 MST 2005

On 21/04/05, info at beprojects.com <info at beprojects.com> wrote:
> list wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > I'd like to use the Voicemail to Email feature of asterisk, but I dont
> > want to use sendmail.  We have a seperate email server that we would
> > like to use for this feature.  How do and where do I specify this?

> You don't have to use Sendmail (you can use Postfix too), but it has to
> be something on the * server.  It uses the local SMTP server to send the
> email from the server.  If it wasn't there, how would it get to the
> other server?

Many similar systems (webmail, bulletin boards etc) are configurable
to use a local MUA (/sbin/sendmail etc) or talk SMTP directly to an
MTA, either locally or remote. Asterisk voicemail unfortunately is not
one of those systems (AFAICT)  - you're stuck with having to use a
local MUA.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer