[Asterisk-Users] Queues configuration

Daniel Salama dsalama at user.net
Thu Apr 21 07:31:40 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm starting to play with Asterisk and the queues. Although I have
found many references to the queues.conf in the wiki, I haven't been
able to find answers to the following:

1) If I understand correctly, an agent can belong to more than one
queue. Does that mean that as soon as the agent logs in, that agent can
receive calls from either of the queues s/he belongs to?
2) When the agent is making outbound calls and I wish to identify the
calls as belonging to one campaign or another, is there a way to
identify that?
3) When callers call into the * box and the agents are busy, they will
be put on the queue. Now, I wish to be able to tell the callers they
are in position X in the queue. However, if after, say, 30 seconds no
agent is available yet, I wish to give the caller the opportunity to
listen to a IVR where s/he can make a decision whether to continue
holding, be transfered to another agent group, or leave a message. Is
this possible? Does anyone have any sample of how to do this?

Thanks,
Daniel