[Asterisk-Users] Deny certain extension

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Apr 21 05:14:03 MST 2005

On April 21, 2005 08:08 am, Ashraf Salah wrote:
> How can I Deny certain extension within certian context from calling
> outside calling.and let him to call another extension within his context

This is what contexts are all about.

If it's an extension off of a Zap card, but give them a specific
context=restricteduser or something.  If it's a SIP or IAX extension, make
sure their type=user entry has a context=restricteduser or similar.

Then, in extensions.conf, have

[restricteduser]
include => extensions
include => whateverelse

just don't include the context that has the exten => lines for dialing out.

I really should write up an extensions.conf HOWTO.  I commonly see dialplans
that make me weep.

-A.