[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and T.38.

Jairo Buendia mananallovera at yahoo.es
Thu Apr 21 05:09:41 MST 2005

Hi Rafa!

>Hi Jairo,
>
>Try with other values for the jitter in your Gateway
(H323).

>One customer have a scenario like this:

>Phone/Fax <----> Gateways H323 -with 16/8/2/1 Port
FXS-  <---> GNUGK
<---> Asterisk <---> Zap (E1)

We have the same configuration, and I think that our
problem is the jitter in Asterisk, since we have
jitterMin=0ms and jitterMax=0ms. We changed
chan_oh323.c because it didn't accept jitter less than
20ms (We used Asterisk to translate SIP -->
H323-->Cisco, and the Cisco have jitter buffer, so we
didn't need jitter buffer in Asterisk).

Now, we have put:

oh323.conf --->
jitterMin=20ms
jitterMax=20ms

codec=G711A
frames=20

zapata.conf --->
jitterbuffers=20ms

but fax still doesn't work. Anyideas?

Other question.
If Asterisk hasn't T.38 then Fax will need 64Kbps
(G711)+ 16Kbps (IP+UDP+RTP) bandwidth, and that is
much bandwidth. Is this correct?, Do you know any
comercial implementation of T.38 to Asterisk?

Thanks.