[Asterisk-Users] asterisk home wiring question

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 20:01:09 MST 2005

I was thinking about the best way to hook up the second line in my
house to an * fxs port.  Would I just wire the fxs to the incoming
side of a line at my demarc?  Or should I splice it in after that?

I need to rewire the whole house anyways.  What I had imagined was new
cat3 for the phones, and then running a cat5 also while I'm at it for
housewide internet access.

Now my computer room where the internet switch and my * box are
located is at the opposite end of the house from the demarc.  That is
where the fxs port would be.  The house has a huge crawl space so
running the wire will be easy.

Any thoughts?

Chris