[Asterisk-Users] Line Noise UPDATE - If you've got line noise, read this

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Apr 20 19:08:09 MST 2005

On April 20, 2005 12:51 pm, Paul wrote:
> asterisk and zaptel and RH9. I have two X100P FXO cards in my box. Prior to

The X100P cards are nasty.  The X101Ps aren't much better IMO.  In my
experience I've never had good luck with multiple cards in one system.  I'd
try a TDM02P (the normal and supported equivalent).  The fact that a totally
new system didn't do anything to help either indicates that it's outside your
system (is your network busy during office hours and not afterward?  Flood
the network after hours with similar traffic and see if the results are the
same) or even outside of the office (are these calls going through FXO or out
to VOIP termination?)...

I know the last thing you want to do right now is spend more money.  perhaps
if you contact Digium you might be able to get a 15 or 30 day money back
trial.

That brings up the question -- have you contacted Digium for support?  They do
support their cards very well.

> I do have a concern though, if the TDM400 is so seemingly problematic, what
> else could one use to connect multiple analog phones to the box???

I've not heard of problematic TDM after the latest rev (H) of the TDM card and
the latest rev (unsure of the identifier) of the FXO modules.

-A.