[Asterisk-Users] signate.com webcall

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Apr 20 14:31:17 MST 2005

I seem to recall an ocx applet that someone is working on that will
enable IE only (afaik nothing else will run ocx applets) make a SIP
call.  Maybe this was on pulver.com but I thought it was on sf.net.

In effect this could be used to do basically what you want.  A java
applet would be more platform independant, although I dont know if one
exists, it shouldnt be hard to take a existing java softphone and make
it an applet providing that it was written using good OOP design.

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 12:39 -0700, VOIP Consultant wrote:
>    There are a several people providing that service.  The first time the
> user invokes the service (clicks on the web link), he will have to download
> the corresponding sip (or other) phone component.  Here is where it gets
> difficult because it would have to be either a public domain component or a
> home made one.   And also it has to be a pretty good short component so that
> it doesn't take more than 10 seconds to download.  It is quite a cool
> concept, I implemented it with a h323 DLL a while ago, but the guys that
> worked it for me were concerned with the licensing issues.
>
> C. Savinovich
>

> Signate offers an interesting product they call 'webcall', which
> basically contacts a client at a number they provide then connects
> that person to a sales staff. Some potential for abuse but a nice idea
> for support etc.
>
> I know that it is possible to do (obviously) and well documented but
> has anyone actually released an open product similar to signate's
> webcall or even a basic web initiated call interface (ie for calling
> cards).
>
> I wasn't able to track via google or the wiki any ongoing projects -
> is anyone interested in working on something like this?

Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378