[Asterisk-Users] Which free calling card app most suitedforcommercial use?

Dave Kettmann dkettmann at netlogic.net
Wed Apr 20 08:40:18 MST 2005

I have actually setup AstCC and got it working. I have found a couple problems with it and I dont think the problems have anything to do with my setup. The problems that I am seeing are:

1) Out of the box, the CDRs dont work. I have a quick document that explains why and how to fix it. If you would like this, let me know and I can send it to you.

2) At the one minute mark (one minute left on the card) AstCC will play a sound telling you this. After this, it seems like the RTP stream breaks as neither side can hear the other. I have not done any packet sniffing to confirm this but it seems like that is what the problem is. If it is not the RTP stream it is something that would act like it.

The CDR problem is a minor thing in perspective to the RTP problem.

As far as call cost and routing, you are able to set up multiple routes and different call costs based on a REGEX. Example:

^314.* Would set any call starting with 314 to which ever cost. You also have the ability to select which trunk the call will go out on.

Just some things that I have found. If you want the CDR fix, let me know.

Dave Kettmann
NetLogic
314-266-4000