[Asterisk-Users] Can I do something with Caller-ID?

Marty Mastera marty at m3resources.com
Wed Apr 20 08:45:55 MST 2005

> I have setup my system to give a company announcement if
> somebody calls, ...
> I would like to avoid these announcements, if the caller is
> known by the system.
>
> Each caller I would like to put into a database with name.
> Now we know them!
>
> If we know them, we do not announcement.
>
> Is there anything out there to accomplish this?
>

> bye
>
> Ronald

Ronald,

I do something similar to re-write caller-id info for selected callers.
You could use the same approach to control dialplan logic.  For each
person that I'm interested in I created a key and value in the database
(I use the built-in asterisk db since I only have a few numbers to deal
with).  Then I use DBGet to compare the incoming caller-id info to the
database value.  If there's a match I do one thing, if not I do another
(using GotoIf).

Marty