[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and T.38.

Rafael Gonzalez Lomeña rafael.gonzalez at avanzada7.com
Wed Apr 20 08:47:52 MST 2005

Hi Jairo,

Try with other values for the jitter in your Gateway (H323).

One customer have a scenario like this:

Phone/Fax <----> Gateways H323 -with 16/8/2/1 Port FXS-  <---> GNUGK
<---> Asterisk <---> Zap (E1)

.. and only we need modified the jitter settings in two Gateways.

Rafael Gonzalez Lomeña

El mar, 19-04-2005 a las 12:09 +0200, Jairo Buendia escribió:
> Hi!
> I want to send fax to PSTN with Asterisk, but by now I
> can't.
> I am using the following boxs:
>
>                               Internet      Zap E1
>  Phone/Fax<----> Gateway(H323)<---> Asterisk<---> PSTN
>
> The gateway H323 has T38 and T30. Before I began with
> Asterisk, I used Cisco to connect with PSTN, and the
> Fax worked very well in T38 (T30 didn't work, I think
> the reason is the jitter).
>
> I have read that Asterisk doesn't support T.38, is
> this correct?, is there any comercial implementation
> in Asterisk?.
>
> If Asterisk doesn't support T.38, how can I use it to
> send fax to PSTN?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Rafael Angel Gonzalez Lomeña
Ingeniero I+D / R&D Ingenieer