[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and T.38.

Jairo Buendia mananallovera at yahoo.es
Tue Apr 19 03:09:44 MST 2005

Hi!
I want to send fax to PSTN with Asterisk, but by now I
can't.
I am using the following boxs:

                              Internet      Zap E1
 Phone/Fax<----> Gateway(H323)<---> Asterisk<---> PSTN

The gateway H323 has T38 and T30. Before I began with
Asterisk, I used Cisco to connect with PSTN, and the
Fax worked very well in T38 (T30 didn't work, I think
the reason is the jitter).

I have read that Asterisk doesn't support T.38, is
this correct?, is there any comercial implementation
in Asterisk?.

If Asterisk doesn't support T.38, how can I use it to
send fax to PSTN?

Thanks in advance.