[Asterisk-Users] A question about queues

Brett, Gary gary.brett at cetelem.co.uk
Wed Apr 20 05:21:01 MST 2005

Hi there, quick question about queues

When calling a queue (which contains eg 4 extensions) it tells me what
position I am in the queue and then plays some music…that is fine…
however, If there is no-one in the queue , it tells me that im first in line
and then plays hold music while the phones ring. This is annoying my callers
quite a bit . How do I get it so that if I ring the queue, it just puts me
straight through to one of the available 4 phones, and only if all 4 phones
are busy (ie on calls) then announce a position in the queue and play music?

For example

User 1 dials 7272 → goes through to agent 1
User 2 dials 7272 → goes through to agent 2
User 3 dials 7272 → goes through to agent 3
User 4 dials 7272 → goes through to agent 4
User 5 dials 7272 → announces message that you are first in line
User 6 dials 7272 → announces message that you are second in line

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated