licensing *sigh* (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] US$200 bounty for *paging feature)

Paul Fielding paul at fielding.ca
Tue Apr 19 22:01:19 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "snacktime" <snacktime at gmail.com>
>  At $200 someone might be
> willing to do the work if they know it's going to be open source, but
> if it's a work for hire, $200 is extremely paltry.

I'm with you on that one.  $200 might be an acceptable bounty to give
someone a bit of added incentive to contribute something to the community,
but if the code is closed source and owned by the purchaser, than $200 won't
even buy a day's worth of real coding.   If you want to own it, you don't
put out a bounty, you're hiring a programmer, and paying appropriately...

regards,

Paul