[Asterisk-Users] snom 220 hints lost after reload

ewr at erols.com ewr at erols.com
Tue Apr 19 14:07:28 MST 2005

>I see a previous post in the list from several months ago about someone
> losing line hints with the snom 220 after an asterisk reload.  I am
> attempting to use an snom 220 and sidecar for a receptionist, and am
> experiencing the same problem.  I was wondering if anyone has found any
> more information since October regarding this issue.  I'm looking for a
> way to speed up the resubscription, since apparently the line hints will
> eventually work again.  I have waited up to half an hour and still not
> had the hints begin to work again.
>
> Having to reboot the receptionist every time I reload asterisk to update
> the config is not something I really want to have to do.

I am currently experimenting with an snom 220 and expansion module, and am
experiencing the same problem.  You don't have to restart asterisk, the
hints will stop working just from running 'extensions reload' from the CLI.

We are running asterisk HEAD from 4/15/05 and using the snom 220 3.56y
firmware.  I do not know enough about how the hints work to tell if this is
a problem with the snom, or if it is something that can be fixed inside
asterisk.  I've searched the wiki and mailing lists but did not find any
useful information.

If anyone has a suggestion on how I might be able to track down exactly what
is happening to the hints, I would love to hear it!

Thanks,

ewr
ewr at erols.com