[Asterisk-Users] mysql from dialplan

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Tue Apr 19 11:21:19 MST 2005

I have asterisk-addons compiled properly etc. and can insert records into a database using;

exten => 2982,1,mysql(Connect connid 10.0.0.9 dbuser dbpass dbname)
exten => 2982,2,noop(${CALLERIDNUM},${UNIQUEID})
exten => 2982,3,mysql(Query res ${connid} 'INSERT INTO caller_id(caller_id_num,caller_id_name,call_time) VALUES(\${CALLERIDNUM}\,\${CALLERIDNAME},NOW())')
exten => 2983,4,mysql(Clear ${res})
exten => 2983,5,mysql(Disconnect ${connid})
exten => 2982,6,Hangup

But priority 4 gives an error that there is no ${res} (i assume because this is an insert cmd not a retreival cmd) and never advances to the next priority.  This maintains the connection to mysql and eventually stops allowing additional entries to the db.

Any ideas on why the extension doesnt advance priority after inserting the values to the db?

I grabbed the above syntax from the archives from a 'working' config. but can't seem to figure this out.  I have tried several variances on this syntax but none seem to work as I would have thought.

Jason Kawakami
www.optellabs.com
Salt Lake City, UT