[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P and SCSI/SATA = * noise problems???

Ben Hencke brainstar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 10:39:22 MST 2005

SATA works ok for me, but its not like I am running a DB server on that box,
just a TTS engine and some audio files. It would be nice though.
I had some trouble getting my TE405P cards to talk, and got some helpful
advise from the folks at Digium

excerpt:
"You may need
to disable unnecessary hardware on your machine such as sound
controllers, USB controllers, extra ethernet controllers, firewire,
parallel ports, and/or serial ports. "

and

"If you are running an IDE hard drive please verify that you are using
DMA mode with a UDMA setting of no lower than 2 or higher than 3. UDMA
mode 2 is ATA33"
-
"We would suggest using an IDE harddrive rather
than SCSI or SATA in order to configure your hard drive to UDMA2.
Configuring a SCSI or SATA hard drive to UDMA2 is not possible. "

Well there goes disk performance :-P
and

"Please ensure that you are not running X-Windows, frame-buffer, or
serial console, as these will cause problems with our hardware."

oh, and

"If you are still having IRQ misses with our hardware you could try
booting your kernel with "acpi=off" and/or "noapic" to disable ACPI
power management andAPIC. These has been known to cause interrupt
sharing problems as well."

The good news is that it will probably work if you do all that stuff ;-)
- Ben