[Asterisk-Users] VPN/Asterisk combo

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Tue Apr 19 07:13:02 MST 2005

I think we are getting off the subject, I personally don't have 18 lans. I
have two, which is good as I can hardly handle those.

I would prefer to use two different LAN adapters and allow some ports to
route between the lans, I have a music server that both lans will share and
I have to share the gateway to the internet and the PBX. I do not want
windows network traffic to be seen across the lans.

I'm not a network engineer and so I don't know the most elegant solutions
but I thought having asterisk on the firewall and three NICS was a
relatively easy way to control intra-network traffic and firewall the
networks to the internet without compromising the PBX's ability to connect
to the phones.
Can anyone suggest a better way or give me some advice?

Chris Mason
www.anguillaguide.com