[Asterisk-Users] Help compiling zaptel in Debian

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Mon Apr 18 21:50:54 MST 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 08:41:14PM +0200, Manuel Casal wrote:
> Hi Matt,
> I have used your wiki page as my principal and best source of
> documentation.
> I have followed all the steps in it carefully: download and install the
> asterisk requeriments(with apt-get), download the kernel source, make
> mrproper, make oldconfig (with the .config file from the kernell
> package), make dep, and finaly try to compile zaptel.
> The problem is the depmod issue, that only fails in the ztd-eth.o module
> the rest of the modules (wcfxo,etc..) loads succesfuly.
>
> I also try the make menuconfig, make dep alternative with the same result.
> Any kind of help will be welcome.

I have not tried it with stable, but with testing I have very good luck
with kernel-package to package modules packages.

Nowadays the zaptel package in Sid/Sarge has moved to use
modules-assistant, so I don't need those direct commands, but I still
have them saved.

The result is a nice little package of zaptel modules for your specific
kernel (or for a specific kernel. The kernel-headers package is most
useful). It may take minimal massaging of the source tarball, and the
current debian package could serve as a reference.

And you won't have to go around guessing dates.