[Asterisk-Users] zombie channels & missed transfer

Dov Bigio dovb at terra.com.br
Mon Apr 18 16:09:34 MST 2005

Hello,

I have an Asterisk server and Audio Codes installed in my network, talking to my legacy PBX.

If I have a call between 2 soft-phones, and one of them wants to do a supervised transfer of the other to a legacy PBX extension, what happens is that:

1. Person #1 opens a new channel with the PBX extension; person #2 is on hold (listening to Music On Hold)

2. Person #1 talks to PBX user

3. Person #1 hits the TRANSFER button (on X-Pro) and the channel that was open with #2.

4. ????Person #2 is mute, and PBX keeps on listening to Music On Hold???

5. ????If PBX hangs up, #2 is also hung up.???

If I see the results of "show channels" between steps 4 and 5, I get a ZOMBIE channel.

Does anyone knows more about this behavior? Step 4 is very strange and prevents me from transfering VoIP calls to a PBX user...

Thank you
Dov