[Asterisk-Users] Hold on outbound calls and the SNOM 190

Clint Miller cmiller.lists at tigerbyte.com
Mon Apr 18 11:57:44 MST 2005

We have a new * server that runs well except for one strange thing:

The hold button works except with and outbound call on an outside line.  If we
park the call that we make and then hold the call, the call is successfully
held.  Otherwise the SIP trace reveals a CLOSE when we try to hold and the
call is hung up.

All other combinations work fine:

*) inbound calls  from an outside line
*) inbound calls from an internal extension
*) outbound calls to an internal extension

The only variety of phone we have here is the SNOM 190.  We have played with
every version of the SNOM firmware up to 3.60d with the same results.

Here is the dial plan for the outbound local numbers:

[trunklocal]
;
; Local seven-digit dialing accessed through trunk interface
;
exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN:${TRUNKMSD}}|90|T)
exten => _9NXXXXXX,2,Congestion

Could someone point me in a direction to look?  Do y'all think it's more
likely the dial plan or the phones?

Thanks!
--
Clint Miller