[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940

Andy Hamilton ciscophonefreak at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 09:11:30 MST 2005

Thomas:

It sounds like you may need to unlock your phone.
If I recall, you can hit **# to unlock it; then go to the settings menu.
On newer firmwares, you'll have fun trying to get past an actual password.

Check http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+phone+cisco+79xx
as well as this list's archives from April 14,15,16,17 of this year.
This topic just came up recently a few times.

-Andy