[Asterisk-Users] Indicating when other party has answered

Daniel Nyström daniel.nystrom at westel.se
Mon Apr 18 07:22:58 MST 2005

Here in Sweden when I make a call through the regular POTS, I get an polarity reversal when the callee has lift his phone and answered.
Now I've got an Adit 600 with 40 FXS channels and want to "emulate" an regular POTS. But the Adit doesn't seem to support polarity reversal.
Is there other standards how to indicate to the caller that the callee has answered the call? How does it work in other countries?

Thanks!
--
Daniel Nyström